Senior Wealth Manager
Get to Know Hannah:
What do you enjoy most about working in wealth management?
Working in wealth management allows me to balance my time between working analytically and developing relationships with clients. It’s very rewarding to create ongoing relationships with clients to help them meet their goals.
Which of your skills do you find most helpful in your work?
It’s very important to be able to communicate effectively with clients. Building a good relationship with a client requires the ability to understand the client’s goals, wishes, and concerns. It also requires the ability to discuss financial concepts in a way that a client with any level of financial knowledge can understand and relate those concepts to that client’s personal financial situation.
What is the best part of working at Monterey Private Wealth?
I love the company culture at Monterey Private Wealth. I’m able to work alongside great people, who love and support their communities, and who truly care about our clients.
What is the best financial advice you have ever received?
The best financial advice I’ve received is to spend less than you earn. Of course, that can be hard to do sometimes, but learning to keep my spending in check allowed me to start saving and take control of my finances at a young age.
How have you been involved in your community?
I have been a member of the Rotary Club of Carmel-by-the-Sea for four years, and served as club Treasurer for two of those years. I am a member of the Board of Directors of Hospice Giving Foundation, and currently serve on the Foundation’s Investment Advisory Committee.
What do you love doing outside of work?
Outside of work, I enjoy traveling, reading, hiking, mountain biking, playing trivia, and spending time with friends and family.
Education and Accreditations:
- Hannah is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, and a Certified Investment Management Analyst®.
- Hannah has a certificate in Personal Financial Planning from UCLA Extension, completed the Certified Investment Management Analyst® program at the Wharton School, and attended the Investment Stewardship Academy at the Yale School of Management.
- Hannah holds a Master of Arts in Finance from Claremont McKenna College and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Hamilton College.
Expertise and Experience:
- Before joining Monterey Private Wealth in February 2016, Hannah worked as an Analyst for a boutique corporate advisory firm in San Francisco specializing in corporate governance, activism, and contested M&A issues facing public companies
- Hannah is a member of the Board of Directors of Hospice Giving Foundation and serves on the Investment Advisory Committee and Programs & Grants Committee of the Foundation. In addition, Hannah is a member of the Rotary Club of Carmel-by-the-Sea and served as club Treasurer for two years.
- Hannah’s role as Senior Wealth Manager focuses on financial planning and investment management for individual clients and foundations.
*Please Note: Limitations. The achievement of any professional designation, certification, degree, or license, recognition by publications, media, or other organizations, membership in any professional organization, or any amount of prior experience or success, should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results or satisfaction if Monterey Private Wealth, Inc. is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services.