To schedule a 30-minute introductory phone call with Julie please click here: Schedule a call now
Get to Know Julie:
What do you enjoy most about working in wealth management?
I enjoy helping clients achieve their goals through financial planning. Whether it's finding a way to save them money on taxes, pointing out an issue that they may have overlooked, or just to tell them they have done a great job working hard and saving for retirement… it's very rewarding helping people.
Which of your skills do you find most helpful in your work?
I've always been very analytical with an attention to detail. It serves me well when looking through tax returns, financial statements, or when doing investment research.
What is the best part of working at Monterey Private Wealth?
I am surrounded by a wonderful group of co-workers who are always willing to help me and our clients. The customer service we provide is top notch and something I'm proud to be a part of.
What is the best financial advice you have ever received?
Start investing early and be consistent in increasing your contributions.
How have you been involved in your community?
I mentor a Pay-It-Forward scholarship recipient at CSUMB, I am actively involved in the PTA at my son's school, I enjoy fundraising for many causes that I hold dear, and in several areas of service at my Rotary Club in Pacific Grove.
What do you love doing outside of work?
I love spending time outdoors along our beautiful bay…kayaking, tide pooling, hiking, golfing, and spending time with my family.
Education and Accreditations:
- Julie is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, and a Certified Investment Management Analyst®.
- Julie holds an MS in Financial Planning from the University of Georgia, an MA in Organizational Management from George Washington University, an MS in Applied Statistics from the University of Northern Colorado, and a BS in Mathematics from the University of Arizona.
- Julie serves as Trustee, Treasurer, and the Investment Committee Chair for the Naval Postgraduate School Foundation in Monterey and as the Treasurer of the Rotary Club of Pacific Grove.
Expertise and Experience:
- Prior to joining MPW, Julie spent 20 years in the U.S. Air Force and retired as a lieutenant colonel in 2013.
- Julie worked in acquisitions conducting data analysis on newly developed weapons systems, and later in international relations, advising senior leaders on military-political affairs.
- Julie's role as Wealth Manager focuses on helping clients during transitions in their life, whether it's losing a spouse through death or divorce, nearing retirement, or passing wealth to the next- generation.
*Please Note: Limitations. The achievement of any professional designation, certification, degree, or license, recognition by publications, media, or other organizations, membership in any professional organization, or any amount of prior experience or success, should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results or satisfaction if Monterey Private Wealth, Inc. is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services.