Senior Wealth Manager
To schedule a 30-minute introductory phone call with Mark please click here: Schedule a call now
Get to Know Mark:
What do you enjoy most about working in wealth management?
So many times, we see that over the years, clients have been placed in a variety of financial services and products, but they've never been truly educated on the "why." I enjoy working with clients to help them understand how all these different pieces of their financial puzzle fit together so they have more clarity on their financial position. I enjoy taking complex, disconnected concepts, and illustrating how they actually work together to help a client secure their financial future.
Which of your skills do you find most helpful in your work?
I feel that my patience and even-keel approach to life has helped me work through difficult times in my life and career. I also feel that when I meet with clients in-person, I have a very good ability to sense what their concerns actually are, even if they're not verbalizing them.
What is the best part of working at Monterey Private Wealth?
I enjoy the flexibility of the work environment, and I also feel that everyone on staff has high integrity.
What is the best financial advice you have ever received?
If you can't pay cash for it, you can't afford it. - Dad
How have you been involved in your community?
I am very active in the Salinas Downtown Rotary Club, where I have participated on the board of directors, on a variety of committees, and I am the incoming President of the club for '23-'24. In addition to Rotary, I am active on the Board of Directors with Sun Street Centers, a local non-profit organization that helps those battling with addiction to things such as drugs and alcohol. In addition to these two things, I assist my wife with her work as the Recreational Coordinator and coach for the Monterey Surf Soccer Club, a local non-profit organization that offers recreational and competitive soccer programs to youth in Monterey County.
What do you love doing outside of work?
I love spending time and traveling with my family, mountain biking, and snow-skiing.
Education and Accreditations:
- Mark is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner.
- Mark also holds an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, an Accredited Asset Management Specialist®, and Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor (CPFA®) designations.
- Mark earned his B.S. in Finance from Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Expertise and Experience:
- Mark has been in the Financial Services industry since 2004.
- Mark spent ten years at Charles Schwab, most recently as a Financial Consultant where he was responsible for maintaining and developing high net worth client relationships and making sure client’s needs were being met in all aspects of their situation.
- Mark’s expertise as a Senior Wealth Manager is focused on helping business owners run the best 401k plan possible, and helping individual clients gain clarity around their retirement picture.
*Please Note: Limitations.The achievement of any professional designation, certification, degree, or license, recognition by publications, media, or other organizations, membership in any professional organization, or any amount of prior experience or success, should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results or satisfaction if Monterey Private Wealth, Inc. is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services.