Get to Know Spencer:
What do you enjoy most about working in wealth management?
I enjoy building strong and enduring relationships. Being present and contributing to my clients' life decisions inspires me to be better.
Which of your skills do you find most helpful in your work?
I'm empathic with clients and can provide recommendations that cater to their needs and lend support through the relationship.
What is the best part of working at Monterey Private Wealth?
I work with a wonderful group of people that are kind, intelligent, and ethical. They make every effort to deliver excellent service to everyone with whom we work.
What is the best financial advice you have ever received?
"Pay yourself first"—it's better to live frugally when you're young than when you're older.
How have you been involved in your community?
I've been involved in my community throughout my life. Starting as a Boy Scout and most recently as the president of my Rotary club. At each stage of my life, I've found myself serving the community in some form. It's given me and my family a fuller, richer existence.
What do you love doing outside of work?
This past year my son has become fully engaged in youth sports. Between swimming, flag football, baseball, and golf, I've been surprised at how much fun it's been watching him participate.
Education and Accreditations:
- Spencer is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner.
- Spencer is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®.
- Spencer holds a Master of Science in Family Financial Planning from Oklahoma State University and a double bachelor's degree in Finance and Economics from Utah State University.
Expertise and Experience:
- Before joining MPW, Spencer partnered with financial advisors as a Financial Planner supporting clients at UBS.
- Spencer spent seven years at Goldman Sachs in the Private Wealth Management division.
- Spencer’s role as a Wealth Manager focuses on understanding client’s financial goals and then developing a plan on how they can achieve them.
*Please Note: Limitations. The achievement of any professional designation, certification, degree, or license, recognition by publications, media, or other organizations, membership in any professional organization, or any amount of prior experience or success, should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results or satisfaction if Monterey Private Wealth, Inc. is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services.