To schedule a 30-minute introductory phone call with Zach please click here: Schedule a call now
Get to Know Zach:
What do you enjoy most about working in wealth management?
My favorite thing about wealth management is working with families and helping them define what they want to achieve with their wealth and how to get there. With a background in education, I have always enjoyed taking complex topics and packaging them in a way that allows for transparency and deep levels of understanding for the client. This creates an environment where we are both on the same page and can work as a team to create a life the client has always dreamed of!
Which of your skills do you find most helpful in your work?
The skills that help me the most in my role are my interest in the quantitative and my ability to translate it into simple terms and concepts that are understandable. Also, I have always been creative in the way I work to achieve my own financial goals and I try to bring this innovation and flexibility into helping others plan their desired future.
What is the best part of working at Monterey Private Wealth?
The best part of working at Monterey Private Wealth is our focus on the clients and our incredible team. It is our collective emphasis on the client experience that causes us to work together and actually enjoy the people we work with. When clients come first, there tends to me more harmony internally!
What is the best financial advice you have ever received?
The best pieces of financial advice I have ever received are:
- The way to financial freedom is to turn earned income into passive and portfolio income.
- Debt can be a friend or an enemy depending on how you use it/it uses you
- Money has no intrinsic moral value, it can be a blessing or curse depending on how it is wielded.
How have you been involved in your community?
I have been involved in serving with multiple local non-profits in my area for years and support a handful of international non-profits on an annual basis. I am also starting to get involved in my local rotary group and serving through them as well.
What do you love doing outside of work?
In my free time, I love spending time with my son Kell and my wife Christine, as well as other friends and family. Outside of work, I also love doing anything related to books (reading, collecting, going to bookstores), working out in my home gym, playing music, and traveling around the world when I get the chance!
Education and Accreditations:
- Zach is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, as well as a Certified Investment Management Analyst ®.
- Zach earned his B.S. in Social Studies from Grand Valley State University, and a master’s in Financial Planning from the College for Financial Planning.
- Zach is currently pursuing a master’s in finance from Auburn University.
Expertise and Experience:
- Before joining MPW, Zach spent four years in private banking and wealth management at Merrill Lynch, serving ultra-high net worth families.
- Zach has a passion for taking intricate and complicated financial concepts and presenting them in a way that helps clients understand the importance to their overall financial picture and legacy.
- Zach’s role as a Wealth Manager is to assist clients in preparing for their retirement and reaching their financial goals. Along with the daily tasks of wealth management, he focuses on helping clients look ahead and stay on track for their future retirement, philanthropic giving, wealth transfer, and other topics related to their overall financial life. His hope is that planning and saving can be a relief, instead of a burden, leading to a more rewarding life in the present and the future.
*Please Note: Limitations. The achievement of any professional designation, certification, degree, or license, recognition by publications, media, or other organizations, membership in any professional organization, or any amount of prior experience or success, should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results or satisfaction if Monterey Private Wealth, Inc. is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services.